So, because I have been pretty busy recently and have been having some issues with my blog, here is a quick little book tag! I found this book tag over on Elaine Howlin’s blog, which is really great, so definitely go check her out!
Well, let’s get to it!
20 Questions Book Tag
1. HOW MANY BOOKS IS TOO MANY BOOKS IN A SERIES?
- Don’t get me wrong, I love a good series, but generally anything past 8/9 books is getting too long. I feel like at that point, the story has been told and anything else will just be repetitive or not true to the characters. Series that branch off into different stories, such as the same universe, but new characters are different though I think, and I would continue to read those.
2. HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT CLIFFHANGERS?
- I am a fan of them, but it is so hard when you desperately want the next book and you cannot have it yet! So I like them, if I can immediately start reading to find out what happened.
3. HARDCOPY OR PAPERBACK?
- I have a strong opinion on this! I like a hardcover book, if it is brand new and modern or part of series that I want in all hardcover, like Harry Potter. However, all used books that I get, especially older classics, I prefer in paperback. I like those to be older and a little worn, because I feel like they tell a story about where the book has been and who has out their thoughts into it.
4. FAVOURITE BOOK?
- Well this is just a ridiculous question! Like I could pick just one.
5. LEAST FAVOURITE BOOK?
- Again, how do I answer this? Me, being someone who never hides their dislike for a book. I really did not like Paper Towns by John Green.
6. LOVE TRIANGLES, YES OR NO?
- Depends on how they are written. If they are superficial and there just for drama, then definitely no. But if there is more to it, if they are more complex, then I am not opposed to them.
7. THE MOST RECENT BOOK YOU JUST COULDN’T FINISH?
- I started reading To Kill A Kingdom by Alexandra Christo recently, which was an appealing sounding book about sirens and a pirate prince. I didn’t finish it, though. I still want to go back and finish it, but the tone/voice of the characters just wasn’t connecting with me right away. It was one of those instances where it seemed like the author was trying really hard to make the characters come off as harsh, brutal, and edgy, but they mostly just sounded like children putting on an act. I will finish it soon, though.
8. A BOOK YOU’RE CURRENTLY READING?
- I am currently reading Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab. And I am really liking it! A review will be posted once I finish and process it.
9. LAST BOOK YOU RECOMMENDED TO SOMEONE?
- The Winner’s Trilogy by Marie Rutkowski.
10. OLDEST BOOK YOU’VE READ?
- Like physically old or oldest written? I mean, I would think Shakespeare or something like that would be the oldest. I have read parts of the Bible, but not all of it.
11. NEWEST BOOK YOU’VE READ?
- If we are talking ones that just came out, then probably A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J Maas.
12. FAVOURITE AUTHOR?
- I have a lot! Kerouac, Eliot, Maas, Palahniuk, McEwan, etc. etc.
13. BUYING BOOKS OR BORROWING BOOKS?
- Definitely buying them, or borrowing from the library. But not borrowing from people I know.
14. A BOOK YOU DISLIKE THAT EVERYONE SEEMS TO LIKE?
- Half of the YA books in existence. Probably the Grisha Trilogy is one that no one seems to agree with me on.
15. BOOKMARKS OR DOGEARS?
- Bookmarks! What are you a heathen?
16. A BOOK YOU CAN ALWAYS REREAD?
- On the Road, Harry Potter, The Black Jewels Trilogy
17. CAN YOU READ WHILE HEARING MUSIC?
- I usually like to read in silence. If there is music on, it has to have no words and be very soft.
18. ONE POV OR MULTIPLE POVS?
- Either works for me! As long as the author can pull off multiple POVs well, I don’t mind them.
19. DO YOU READ A BOOK IN ONE SITTING OR OVER MULTIPLE DAYS?
- If the book is that good, then one sitting! But, seeing as I am an adult now, it is usually a couple days before I can finish one.
20. ONE BOOK YOU READ BECAUSE OF THE COVER.
- An Enchantment of Ravens. And for the record: it was not worth it.
Let me know what you guys think and if you have any opinions on these questions! And of course, please feel free to do the tag yourself.
Thanks for reading!