Some insight into my reviewing process:
Disclaimer: So, I have to say, I don’t really feel like I should have to pre-apologize for stating my opinions on here. I am not really into the whole tiptoe-through-life-so-you-don’t-offend-anyone…movement (?) that has everyone by the balls these days. People get way too offended, way too easily. BUT that is a conversation for another time and place. For my purposes, I will say that these are solely my own opinions. Every review I write, while potentially harsh or brutally honest, is simply what I thought of the material. There is no right or wrong, so please enjoy what you enjoy, and I will do the same. I will do my best to provide solid reasons for my opinions, both good and bad, but I will not water them down. I am an extremely picky YA reader in particular, and my ratings are often glaringly off the bandwagon…so, fair warning.
What the heck the stars mean: I am sure we all know how to understand a star-based rating system, but here is what they mean to me personally:
- ★ = horrible waste of time. Hated it.
- ★★ = not the worst thing I’ve ever read, but still bad. Did not like it.
- ★★★ = average, decent. Liked it, but am also indifferent.
- ★★★★ = great, but not quite amazing. Really liked it.
- ★★★★★ = amaze-balls. Loved it and am probably obsessed with it. Definitely “favorites shelf” quality!
My average Goodreads rating: 3.49 stars