Some insight into my reviewing process:
My reviews are not spoiler-free! Usually, if I am going to delve into specific spoilers that give a lot away, I will state it again at the beginning of the review. However, my reviews are not written to be completely spoiler-free, so if you have not read the book, please keep that in mind.
Disclaimer: So, I have to say, I don’t really feel like I should have to pre-apologize for stating my opinions on here. I am not really into the whole tiptoe-through-life-so-you-don’t-offend-anyone…movement (?) that has everyone by the throat these days. People get way too offended, way too easily. BUT that is a conversation for another time and place. For my purposes, I will say that these are solely my own opinions. Every review I write, while potentially harsh or brutally honest, is simply what I thought of the material. There is no right or wrong, so please enjoy what you enjoy, and I will do the same. I will do my best to provide solid reasons for my opinions, both good and bad, but I will not water them down. I am a picky YA reader in particular, and my ratings are often glaringly off the bandwagon…so, fair warning.
The stars: I am sure we all know how to understand a star-based rating system, but here is what they mean to me personally:
- ★ = Horrible waste of time. Hated it.
- ★★ = Not the worst thing I’ve ever read, but still pretty darn bad. Did not like it.
- ★★★ = Average, decent. Liked it, but slightly indifferent to it. Not too memorable.
- ★★★★ = Great! Really, really liked it.
- ★★★★★ = Amazing! Loved it! Probably obsessed with it! Definitely “favorites shelf” quality.
My average Goodreads rating: 3.49 stars