The Book Blogger Test Tag
Hello, all! I am back with another book tag for Tuesday! This one was started by Laura @ Laura’s Book Review. I discovered it on the Book Nut.
The rules: You must answer all of these questions truthfully and once you’ve completed this tag, tag 5 other book bloggers to answer the questions next.
What are your top three book pet hates?
1. Really awkward looking people on covers or just ugly book covers in general.
2. Authors being forced to conform to “genre” or “age appropriate” standards, which lessens the quality of the novel. Basically censorship, which makes me mad.
3. Stickers on the covers of books that won’t freakin’ come off and then, when you finally scrape most of it away!, they leave that horrible residue that not even the fires of Mount Doom can get rid of.
Describe your perfect reading spot.
Sitting on the patio, if the weather is nice, or curled up on the couch, if it is good and rainy outside.
Tell us three book confessions.
1. My shelves are probably an equal amount of read books and unread (partially read) books.
2. I prefer used or old books over new books, unless they are my fantasy series, which I need to be pristine.
3. I used to “test” anyone who wanted to borrow a book from me by giving them one I didn’t care too much about. Depending on how they treated it, I would then decide if they could borrow more….Ok, I still do this! 😉
When was the last time you cried at a book?
When I read A Court of Wings and Ruin. I actually teared up a ton in that book and I am not an easy crier! Rhys’ speech to the inner circle before the final battle had me dying. My poor babies 😥
How many books are on your bedside table?
What is your favorite snack whilst you’re reading?
Popcorn and a glass of chilled wine.
Name three books you’d recommend to everyone.
The Harry Potter series, The Brothers Karamazov by Dostoevsky, and The Things They Carried by Tim O’Brien.
Show us a picture of your favorite shelf on your bookcase.
Write how much books mean to you in 3 words.
Books are life.
What’s your biggest reading secret?
I am actually really bad at finishing books. I have started so many that I set down and pick up again months, or years, later. Then I start new ones and maybe finish them. It’s a vicious cycle. I have been working on it, though! And the blog helps.
And that’s it for this tag! I hope you guys enjoyed my answers and please join in. I tag everyone who is interested, like usual. Let me know what some of your answers would be 🙂